Re: Problem with the control-center

Hi Craig,
first of all thanks for your help concerning my problem with the
GNOME-control center.

As you suggested, I made a make install >& install.log. I then looked at
the install.log file and it seems to me that the files that should be in
/opt/gnome/share/control-center were in reality located in
/usr/local/share/control-center. To test out if my assumption is true, I
copied the whole control-center directory from /usr/... to /opt/... and
in fact, I can now start the control-center!

I actually don't know why the files were in the /usr/... directory and
not where they were supposed to be. Maybe you (or somebody on the
mailing-list) has an idea about what I did wrong. And, oh yes, if you
want to have a look at my install.log file, you can view it by going to
http://www.nightcastleproductions.org/various/install.txt.

Again, thanks for your help. If anybody can now tell me *why* the
problem has happend at all I would be glad. If not, well, it's working
now and maybe I shouldn't bother ;-)

Have a nice day,
Nils