Re: Problem in making audiofile

On Sat, Oct 16, 1999 at 12:04:44PM +0300,
kari <kari.ruohonen@kolumbus.fi> wrote:
> I get the following output and error messages when I am trying to compile
> the source from audiofile-0.1.9.tar.gz on Debian slink. It says
> 'AFMT_S16_NE' undeclared. What is happening and how can I correct this?

I asked the maintainer of Audiofile and this is what he said:

On Thu, Oct 14, 1999 at 02:57:08AM -0500,
michael pruett <michael@68k.org> wrote:
> Yeah, apparently that symbol is only defined in the commercial version of
> Open Sound System for Intel.  It's defined for Linux/PPC which is what I
> tested on.  Whatever's going on, it's pretty weird.  It'd be convenient if
> this were fixed in recent Linux kernels.
>
> On Intel, AFMT_S16_NE should be defined to be AFMT_S16_LE (little-endian).
> For big-endian systems (PowerPC, SPARC, Motorola, MIPS), it's AFMT_S16_BE.
>
> Grab the latest from CVS.  It's fixed there.
>
> Michael

Either take his advice and grab from CVS, or do what I did: open up
test/linuxtest.c, and add the following line above line 103:

#define AFMT_S16_NE AFMT_S16_LE

Of course, if you have a big-endian system (some listed above), you should
replace AFMT_S16_LE with AFMT_S16_BE.

--
Eric Gillespie, Jr. <*> epg@pobox.com

"Man is a rope, tied between beast and overman--a rope over an abyss.
 A dangerous across, a dangerous on-the-way, a dangerous looking-back,
 a dangerous shuddering and stopping."
 --Friedrich Nietzsche

PGP signature