Re: new gnome and netscape

On Thu, 14 Oct 1999 mikk@microbsys.com wrote:

> I downloaded the new gnome October yesterday.  It runs great -- my login
> problem has been fixed by the update.
>
> Problem is, now netscape-communicator (4.7) won't run.  It just hangs
> there when I start it. I have installed it repeatedly via .tgz and rpm
> to no avail.
I don't think they would be related at all.  have you tried running
netscape from the command with some url that you know you can get to?

> Once (and only once), I let it just sit there for about 10 minutes and
> it came up with the error that "Netscape cannot find the webite:
> bghttp".  bghttp is definately not in my netscape preferences.
after it came up with this, did it work?

how are you launching netscape?  perhaps it is a problem with a wrapper
script?

-chris

Christopher Rogers      http://www.darkcorner.net
gandalf@darkcorner.net  gandalf@pobox.com