Re: Gnome October and sound events

If anyone else is experiencing this, I've gotten user interface
sound events working again by downgrading to the stock
Redhat 6.1 gnome-libs rpm (1.0.40) and from there up to
the package immediately before October, 1.0.50. It appears
1.0.50 was the last working version as far as the sound
events are concerned. Either that or some horribly weird
interaction is going on when upgrading using the compiled
packages from RH6.1 to October that's isolated to my
system for some reason.

The 1.0.50 package seems to be based on gnome-libs
1.0.52 source, so I spent some time in cvs trying to diff
and see what went wrong between 1.0.52 and 1.0.53,
but wasn't familiar enough with the source tree to find
anything of consequence. Hopefully, one of the gnome
maintainers will have more success.

Regards,
pyrosius@pacbell.net