Re: gnumeric won't start up

On Sun, 10 Oct 1999, Stan Brown wrote:

> 	Trying to rpm -Uv the gnumeric rpm from the 6.1 dstribution results in
> 	error messages anout conflivts with gnome=print. However I don't see a
> 	gnome-print rpm in the 6.1 rpm's. Has it bee superseeded? If so how do
> 	I fix this?

The gnome-print API is going to change in the future. We didn't want
people developing against the gnome-print shipped in 6.1, so it is linked
statically into gnumeric, and its components included in the gnumeric
package. You can safely 'rpm -e gnome-print' and then install the 6.1
gnumeric package.

-- Elliot					http://developer.gnome.org/
The first thing a programmer needs to admit is that any program is by far
more complex than his own mind. Thats why he partitions it into neat
pieces and avoids complexity.