Panel odditity

I'm using gnome-core-1.0.41-1, and I've observed an interesting quirk
in the way the auto-hide feature of the panel works.  If I move my
cursor down to the bottom of the screen so that my panel rises up,
move my cursor off the panel so that it starts to go down, and then
quickly move my cursor back down to the bottom of the screen *before*
the panel gets all the way down, it "jumps" up for a moment to a
height about twice its usual height before coming down to its usual
position.  Now, this doesn't bother me at all -- in fact, I would be
happy to have this called a "feature", since I find it quite
entertaining trying to reproduce the effect consistently, which is why
I'm mentioning it here:  I'm suspecting that this the first Gnome
"bug" that takes significant manual/mouse dexterity rather than the
right configuration files and/or compiler to reproduce.  :-)

--
Todd Wilson
Computer Science Department