Uniform key bindings

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask (depends on whether
the people who could answer are listening), but is there a chance
for an abstract set of common key bindings, like the one I have in
KDE, so that I could assign whatever keys I choose to, for example,
"cut", "copy", and "paste" and have any GNOME-compliant application
follow the choice? It would help a lot if I wouldn't have to switch
to another set of keys when I switch desktops. I commute between, on
one level, Windows and Linux, and on another level, KDE and GNOME.
Of course I could redefine my keys in KDE, but then I think changing
my keyboard habits would be more difficult.

Thanks, and please redirect me if there's a better place for
submitting wishlist entries.

--
Grzegorz Staniak <gstaniak@zagiel.pl>