Re: gnoem control panel

On Fri, 26 Nov 1999, Warren Young wrote:

> Gerd Heide wrote:
> >
> > I have a supplement to the questions.
> > I am systemadministrator. How can I global configure icons into the
> > panel?
> >
> > /etc/skel isnīt the answer, because is only valid for new users.
> > A what is with the (e.g. 8000) old users?
> >
> > Exists a systemfile or dicectory for systemadministration?
> > It would be important!
> >
> > Greetings!
> >
> > Gerd Heide

> > > The proper way to do this is to put the site-wide menu items in the
> > > "shared" GNOME directory.  With the Red Hat RPMs, this is in
> > > /usr/share/gnome/apps.  It has exactly the same format as the user's
> > > .gnome/apps directory.  Surely this directory is already NFS-shared to
> > > your clients?
>
> The paragraph above answers your question.

No, that isnīt! I wont not only configure the menu but also then icons on
the panel. This is a means to offer visuell  signifying
applications for users. What is important, the people decides at the face.
I look for a system equivalent to  ~/.gnome/panel.d/...

Thanks

Gerd

--
Gerd Heide, Technical University | Phone:   +049 (0)371 5311525 |  MIME
       Computing Center          | Fax:     +049 (0)371 5311629 | welcome!