Make App ignore session management

I use an app called root tail that writes information from various logs
directly to the desktop, and when it's invoked via session management it
drops a core file.  I can start it up via my xinitrc fine, but once it's
started via session management, the next time I start up it bombs.  Can I
teach gnome to ignore that application for session management somehow.
The latest gnome rpms for RedHat 6.1.

On the gnome website there's a reference to a tutorial written about
session management, but I couldn't find it on the developer website under
the tutorials.

I'd appreciate any assistance.

Brian E. Seppanen 	     	/|   ---You are Here
seppanen@bresnanlink.net       / \  /   _
Ishpeming, Michigan	     <    ^X--~ ~\
"North of Nowhere"	      ~-+   ;-:.  }
	                         \/~    ~'