Re: The industry standard

On 16 Nov 1999 19:18:13 -0500, Jörg Rathlev <jrathlev@gmx.net> wrote:

>Seriously, I think that's something different: People don't design code for
>vi or Emacs (or any other editor). But applications are designed for a
>certain environment.

> If all code you receive from others looked much better in Emacs

It already does!

> would you choose vi?

I already didn't!

(PLEASE don't take this an invitation to start a war over editors, but rather emphasis of
the point that Havoc made. I realize that some people like vi. :-)

Joel, if you have questions about getting started programming with GNOME, or about
specific features of GNOME, we'll be happy to try and answer them (on gnome-devel-list, if
you please). The question you asked, though, is very much asking for controversy, and I
think the results would be better if evaluating solutions on their technical merits was
used to make decisions instead of flammable straw polls. :)

-- Elliot
for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.