News?

Not being familiar with GNOME lists, I'm a bit confused as to whether or not this is a News group.  I see that there is an archive of messages and replies to messages (treads), but where are these messages displayed in real time with the ability to reply to them?  Nothing that I can find on the website http://www.gnome.org/mailing-lists/index.shtml or any of the three emails sent after subscribing to the list explain this.  The emails explain how to get a listing of a directory and I'm trying to figure out if this is the method of viewing messages.  Here is the basic questions that I don't seem to understand:

How do I post a message?
How do I view messages that are posted?
How do I reply to messages?

If I have this all confused with a News Group, then maybe the FAQ should specify the differences.

Patrick Nelson