GnomeEntry history problem

I'm having a problem with the GnomeEntry widget (based on documentation
from the devel-docs). Anyway, once an item has gone into a GnomeEntry's
history - it seems like there is no way to take it out. Is there a
function tha does such a thing? If not can one be provided?

My problem is this: I'm working on bug-buddy (support for multiple
bug-tracking systems (i.e. GNOME, KDE, RedHat, Mozilla, Debian, etc etc)
anyway. A person chooses 'GNOME' and clicks next - he gets a list
of packages in the GnomeEntry. He then says 'ooops - wrong system' clicks
back and chosoes 'KDE'...Well - now he goes back to the
GnomeEntry to see his list of packages but there is the list of the GNOME
packages AND the list of KDE packages. I need to be able to remove stuff
from the GnomeEntry history. Does anyone have a work-around or a solution
to this?

Thanks