Re: Can't install

This is just a guess since you didn't specify what you were currently
trying to compile:  sounds like configure isn't finding one or more of
the *-config files, ie. gtk-config.  If you don't have these in your
search path or compile components in the wrong order, the configure
script cannot link in the proper libraries/includes and will fail when
trying to compile a small test program: thus the cannot create
executables error msg.

Nicolas Conde wrote:

> GNOME community:
>
>    Hi, my name is Nicolas Conde. I'm new in the Linux world
> and I've trying to get GNOME running on my Pentium 233 MMX
> machine, but succesless.
>    The problem is that the 'configure' script sends me a
> senseless error message:
> gcc can't create executables, but I use gcc and g++ almost
> everyday and they work!
>    Can somebody help me out with this?
>
> Thanx a lot.
>
> Nicolas Conde - iomi@xoommail.com

-- Tim
  For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the man's spirit
within him?  In the same way, no one knows the thoughts of God except
the Spirit of God.  We have not received the spirit of the world but the
Spirit who is from God, that we may understand what God has freely given
us.
				-- I Corinthians 2:11,12