Re: gnome terminal: start up with command?

chris@chinook.atd.ucar.EDU (Chris Webster) writes:

> I'd like the "saved" terminal sessions to come up with a command issued.  In
> the old days I would have had a line in my .xinitrc:
>
> xterm blah blah -e cu -p port4 dir

You can do:

gnome-terminal -c "cu -p port4 dir"

or (in newer gnome-terminals)

gnome-terminal -x cu -p port4 dir

and, if you are using gnome-session, they should "remember" the command
across your session.

For example, I have an entry in my personal/favorites menu which does
'gnome-terminal -x irssi', and so it gets restarted when I log out/log in.

Is this what you are looking for?

Jacob
--
"Me fail English?  That's unpossible!" - R. Wiggum