Re: GnomeRPM doesn't find files

George Farris wrote:

> The other thing I can't stand about rpm's is all the bloody
> catagories.  One can never find what they're looking for.  An
> option to list all the installed rpms would be a very nice feature.
>
> Cheers.
That's why I prefer the program xrpm, which lists them alphabetically
with file size/diagnostic information. Quite nice, really.

The only time I need a graphical rpm tool is when I'm trying to get rid
of unneeded crud. Do a RedHat 6.1 upgrade over RedHat 6.0 and you get
many megabytes of stuff you don't want, such as KDE.  The only good way
to see what those are and how big they are is xrpm.  Look here:

http://www.gmsys.com/xrpm.html

--
Paul E. Johnson        			email: pauljohn@ukans.edu
Dept. of Political Science     		http://lark.cc.ukans.edu/~pauljohn