Re: I'm missing somthing

> From: Elliot Lee <sopwith@redhat.com>
>
> So in your ~/.Xclients:
>
> #!/bin/sh
> export WINDOWMANAGER=yourfavorite wm
> exec gnome-session

I tried this and kept getting the same old WM.  After
a day or so I figured it out.  The session manager uses
.gnome/session to know what to start.  The WM is just
another thing in that file, so if the old WM is in there
setting WINDOWMANAGER will have no effect.  The script
gnome-wm checks this variable and starts the appropriate
real WM, so gnome-wm must be entered in the session file
for this to work.

--
     -- Keith Wright  <kwright@free-comp-shop.com>

Programmer in Chief, Free Computer Shop <http://www.free-comp-shop.com>