Suggestion : Gnome version of Etherman

Hello,

I'm using at work a network monitor tool called Etherman.
It is only available in binary format for Solaris and Digital Unix.
The latest version is copyrighted by Curtin University of Perth 1993.
It's written using the Xt.

It provides a real-time network analysis graph. Each host
is plotted around a circle, and segments of variable width
link hosts and reflect the amount a frames/bytes transferred
between them. The segment color reflects the protocol (ip, arp, ipx,
ethertalk...). This graph is dynamic because hosts without
network activity for a given time disappear from the graph.

I think that the gnome canvas would be well suited to handle
these kind of graphic elements, and their dynamics too. Did
anyone already wrote such a tool under GPL ? Are there
candidates to write/adapt such an application ?

Best regards,
Fabrice