RE: esound (installing GNOME)

Heinke Frerichs wrote:

   Hello,
   I don't know if this is the right list to put this question but I try.
   I've downloaded the latest GNOME sources and now I want to compile it.
   The list on the gnome source page says which packages have to be
   installed first. Well, I compiled and installed audiofile with no
   problems but the second package listed there is esound.
   Compiling esound gives the following error-message:
   .libs/libesd.so: undefined reference to afGetSampleFormat
   .libs/libesd.so: undefined reference to afReadFrames
   .libs/libesd.so: undefined reference to afGetChannels
   .libs/libesd.so: undefined reference to afCloseFile
   .libs/libesd.so: undefined reference to afGetRate
   .libs/libesd.so: undefined reference to afGetFrameCount
   .libs/libesd.so: undefined reference to afOpenFile
   .libs/libesd.so: undefined reference to afGetTrackBytes
   .libs/libesd.so: undefined reference to afSetVirtualByteOrder
   esound comes with its own libesd in ./lib so I don't know why it
doesn't
   work.

Sorry, ./libis created during compilation, but anyway, it should work.

Another problem:
While running configure from esound I get a message (just a message, NO
error) that audilfile can't be found.
Well, I have installed audiofile with the same path in --prefix and I can
run audilfile_config from the esound
dir. But still esound can't find it.
Has anyone an idea what I should do?

   Has someone else the same problem??
   I hope someone can help me with this problem
       -Heinke

--
Sent through Global Message Exchange - http://www.gmx.net