Compiling

I decided today I would lug my box up to my office and put in a second hard
drive and install linux on more than just a 700Mb partition.  My reason for
going to work to do this was the copy of RedHat 6.0 on one of our servers,
and the dual T1s (better than my 100Mbit LAN to 33.6 connection:)

After installing RedHat, I decided to do something Id been wanting to do
for a long time, compile Gnome from sources and document what I did.
Problems and solutions.

Unfortunately, my pad of notes remained at work, so I was unable to make
out my document today, I will have to do it tommorrow.

I used the RPM list for RedHat 5.2, and downloaded everything, compiled
them in the order they required, and got it all up and running in about 3
and a half hours.  I installed onto a Pentium II 400 w/128Mb of RAM, 1.2Gb
of drive space.  A 3DLabs Permedia 2 pushing X on a Sony 200ES monitor
rounded out my arsenal.

My question to you guys, how shall I format this? I notice there is no
documentation for installing from sources on a RedHat 6.0 system on the web
page (nor is there one for 5.2... must be a bad link).  Should I post it to
the list, or in HTML and give it someone?

I got a list of the order to compile the packages plus what problems I ran
into, and how I fixed them.  Ill flesh it out with actual wording depending
on who wants what:)

Thanks,