Re: automake compile error

On Sat, May 29, 1999 at 04:10:17AM +0000, Daniel Weber wrote:
> > Part of the maintainer build process- ensure that you've got the
> > libtool package installed, including /usr/share/aclocal/libtool.m4.
> >
> > It's an odd message because it's not one "normal" users are expected
> > to see, since you don't need libtool.m4 to build from tarballs.

> I don't have libtool.m4 in my /usr/share/aclocal directory.  Where does this
> file come from?

In Debian, it's part of the "libtool" package, along with
/usr/bin/libtool and /usr/bin/libtoolize.

If you've got libtoolize but not /usr/share/aclocal/libtool.m4, I'd
some your distro's packaging is broken or just plain wierd.

SRH
--
Steve Haslam               Debian GNU/Linux               araqnid@debian.org
gnome-libs, gnome-core, gnome-control-center, gdm, p3nfs.    what, me worry?

PGP signature