Re: The State Of The Art

>> On Wed, 26 May 1999, A Palsson wrote:
>> Why not get the darned thing (Gnome) reasonably bug free, at least so that
>> it runs without crashing for more than 15 minutes at a time, before we start
>> planning all these spinning spheres and "spinning heads"    :))

>From: Edward Dunagin <edunagin@columbus.rr.com>
> gee, i think it is now reasonable bug free. i running 1.0.x and do NOT
> have a problem like crashing. sure, i occasionally have other systems
> problems, but can't blame Gnome for that.:-)
>
> on with the desktop(xwindows) changes.........ed

That's why earth-shattering changes need to go into development branches
(1.1.x), and not the 1.0.x. 1.0.x branches should focus on stability, 1.1.x
should showcase new features, like the difference between gimp 1.0.x and
gimp 1.1.x. 1.0.x still need stability work, but I would keep major changes
out of this branch, until the code is proved to be reliable and useful.

Thanks,

A_Arthur
arthur99@global2000.net