Re: Solaris zvt problem found and squashed

On 24 May, Paul Barnfather wrote:
+-----
| So I tried ln -s /usr/local/lib/libz.so /usr/lib/libz.so
| and now it works fine.
|
| I don't understand why gnome-pty-helper is looking in the wrong
| place for the library. Is this a bug, or just my misconfiguration?
+--->8

It's setuid, so unless an explicit -R (-rpath) is used Solaris won't look in
/usr/local/lib for its shared libraries.

(On my system, it gets the -R automatically via libtool.  ???)

--
brandon s. allbery	[os/2][linux][solaris][japh]	 allbery@kf8nh.apk.net
system administrator	     [WAY too many hats]	   allbery@ece.cmu.edu