Re: Help for a newbie Linux user please :)

On Mon, 24 May 1999, Stuart Luscombe wrote:

> I've got Gnome 1.0 on a coverdisc and am attempting to compile it rather
> than just use the packages which seem to break everything.
>
> Only thing is, in trying to configure gnome-libs 1.0.0.5, I get this
> error:
>
> *** The esd-config script installed by ESD could not be found
> *** If ESD was installed in PREFIX, make sure PREFIX/bin is in
> *** your path, or set the ESD_CONFIG environment variable to the
> *** full path to esd-config.
>
> thing is, I have ESD installed (the version needed came on the cd)
> and this is the only thing it can't find even after I've set my PATH
> and LD_LIBRARY_PATH variables....can anyone help???

Did you install the esound-devel package?

Marcus Brubaker
spoon@elpaso.net
http://www.elpaso.net/~spoon

A programmer is a person who passes as an exacting expert on the basis of
being able to turn out, after innumerable punching, an infinite series of
incomprehensible answers calculated with micrometric precisions from vague
assumptions based on debatable figures taken from inconclusive documents and
carried out on instruments of problematical accuracy by persons of dubious
reliability and questionable mentality for the avowed purpose of annoying and
confounding a hopelessly defenseless department that was unfortunate enough to
ask for the information in the first place.
	-IEEE Grid newsmagazine