Re: Miguel horribly misquoted?

On Thu, May 20, 1999 at 09:47:22AM +0200, Torsten Rahn wrote:

> Competition between both projects may be one thing, making jokes about
> the other project another but it is absolutely inappropriate that the
> GNOME project coordinator Miguel de Icaza makes comments like this
> when he gets the attention of the press!

I have used KDE since it was alpha-code, been on the KDE-mailinglists,
lately I'm using Gnome quite a lot, and one thing is really clear to me:

Without KDE ... Gnome would not be where it is now (!)

About press in general, I don't trust them at all, but they can learn,
for example, a few days ago a dutch newspaper published (more or less) the
following on their website :

"The company Linux finally got their own website, www.linux.com, back"

I did send them a response by email, and they quickly replied that they
had  removed the article immediately.

Press can learn, people can learn.

--
+++ greetings, Albert +++
In most countries selling harmful things like drugs is punishable.