Re: ANNOUNCE: new versions of gnome-python and pygtk

On Sun, 23 May 1999, James Henstridge wrote:

> Did you edit the makefiles or anything else in the tarball?  You should
> not even need automake/autoconf/whatever to just compile gnome-python.

No edits were made at all. Just untarred gnome-python-1.0.2.tar.gz, then
gunzip -c gnome-python-1.0.2-1.0.3.diff.gz | patch -p0 (success), cd'ed
into it, ./configure, make and the errors came up.

> I use some extensions to automake so that the Makefile.am's are cleaner
> for handling python scripts and extensions.  If you want to get a hold of
> these patches, they are available in the am-changes directory of the
> gnome-python directory on CVS.

Are these neccessary? I really don't like the idea of software releases
depending on developer-releases of other software.

--
James Green
http://www.cyberstorm.demon.co.uk/