RE: Miguel horribly misquoted?

Especially if they have any good 'engine' code we could steal for the Gnome
Workshop ;->

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Vanecek [mailto:mike@mjv.com]
Sent: 20 May 1999 15:55
To: gnome-list@gnome.org
Cc: "recipient.list.not.shown"
Subject: Re: Miguel horribly misquoted?

Well, in sad reality, KDE is easier to install and configure currently
than GNOME and it "feels" more mature. I was just curious and ran
install and suddenly I had KDE up and running. It's kinda nifty, but I
still prefer a true GPL desktop, and I also prefer Window Maker. In
time, GNOME will level out and more attention will be paid to ease of
install and that issue will become a mute point. Pieces of that puzzle
are already starting to come together. I see GNOME has more
possibilities in breaking new ground because of the rebelious and
creative bent of the developers. KDE struck me as a little too slick and
commercial. However, bridges should not be burned by flippant remarks -
cooperation in the future could be of great benefit to both the KDE and
GNOME teams, and that requires a level of civility between the two
camps.

Mike