Re: Choice of languages

Michael Vanecek wrote:
> With egcs melding back into gcc, these issues should become a thing of
> the past here pretty soon anyway. However, I thought g++ was already
> part of gcc. Is there anything wrong with it?

With respect to ANSI C++, lots. Egcs is still far from perfect
(especially the libraries), but it's much better than g++ that's
included with gcc, and it's getting better all the time; and it's
feature-competitive with commercial implementations with regard to
standard conformance.

Braden N. McDaniel