Whats wrong gnome applications SIGPIPE:s

Using CVS versions of:

gnome-core-1.0.5
gnome-libs-1.0.9
gtk-1.2.3/glib-1.2.3
ORBit-0.4.3

I have a big problem with all gnome applications.

If I do this as normal user:

1. Starting a Xterm or Eterm:
2. su (to get root access)
3. Start a gnome application (example gedit)
4. gedit starts
5. Then if I try to open a new window/dialog or something in the
   application it will crash with signal: SIGPIPE

This happens to all gnome based applications (not only gEdit)
This will not happen to gtk only applications...

I have tried figure out whats wrong by using gdb.
(Backtrace)

0: in __write()
1: __DTOR_END__()
2: gnome_triggers_vdo()
3: relay_gtk_signal()
4: gtk_emmision_hook_marshaller()

looks like gnome_triggers_vdo() do something wrong?
Any ideas...

Greats

MikeH

---
Check out my Linux page at:
http://www.bahnhof.se/~mikeh

If I'm online you can access my computer (telnet/www/ftp) at:
mikeh.penguinpowered.com