DnD doesn't work with DU netscape

Since this works on RH 6.0 x86 I'm suprised that it doesn't work on
Alpha. On x86 RH 6.0 you can drag that little green bookmark tag next to
the location textbox over to your root desktop and it will create a
shortcut for you to that url. However I can't get this to behave the
same way using DU netscape 4.51 , RH 6.0 on AlphaLinux. I can drag a URL
to a folder but it names it as some jumble of letters and numbers so it
doesn't coresspond to any  of the mime types but if you look in side
you'll find that it indeed contains a url. They're both are using motif
drag and drop right? So why would it work on Intel and not Alpha?
Thanks.

Peter
--
www.alphalinux.org