enlightenment installs but does not show up

I recently did a rather basic enlightenment installation on my desktop for
the latest version with no problems.  Went to my laptop and now I cannot
seem to get enlightenment to show up in the window manager capplet.  I do an
installation on SuSE 6 and everything goes on okay but I get no wallpaper.
This seems like the path or something is set wrong.  Enlightenment installs
to usr/local/enlightenment/bin.  When I try to run gnome-session, it errors
out and I cannot add enlightenment to the mix using the Add Window Manager
option.

Seems like I am missing something basic or so...

--
Michael Perry
mperry@basin.com