Re: Unable to XDMCP connect after upgrade

Franklin.Petersen@crown.com writes:
>I used RedHat 5.2 before and used a product called Reflection X to do a
>direct XDMCP connect to my Linux servers.
>After the upgrade to 6.0 with GNOME and Enlightenment, I can no longer do
>this, and don't know what's wrong.
>
>The system starts in runlevel 5, as before.  I have made no changes, it was
>a standard upgrade.  But Reflection claims my hosts is not runnign an XDMCP
>program.
>
>Any help?

The version of gdm in Red Hat Linux 6.0 has some bugs regarding XDMCP.
It will work for now if you enable debugging in /etc/X11/gdm/gdm.conf
Folks are looking into the problem.

Alternatively, temporarily uninstall gdm and automatically fall back
to xdm, or change the prefdm link in /etc/X11 to point to xdm.

michaelkjohnson

 Linux Application Development       http://www.redhat.com/~johnsonm/lad/