Re: GDM photos

>>>>> "Chris" == Chris Evans <chris@ferret.lmh.ox.ac.uk> writes:

Chris> On Mon, 10 May 1999, Michael K. Johnson wrote:

>> We turn it off by default because it hasn't been audited yet, but
>> I'm using it on a daily basis and it works fine for me on stock
>> 6.0 systems.  I just changed Enable=0 to Enable=1 in the [xdmcp]
>> section of gdm.conf

Hmmm. Odd. It didn't work for me when I tried it last night. Will
check again.

Chris> Oh! I checked that but obviously I did so ineptly. Exposes a
Chris> minor bug though - gdm shouldn't listen on the port if
Chris> Enable=0. Minor resource waste.

Fixed in gdm2.

Chris> Please tell me that if I set Enable=1, the "Reboot" option on
Chris> the options menu is disabled :-)

For remote displays, yes. And it can be disabled for local displays
too by editing gdm.conf.

--
Martin Kasper Petersen			BOFH, IC1&2, Aalborg University, DK
mailto:mkp@SunSITE.auc.dk		http://SunSITE.auc.dk/~mkp/