gnome-terminal problem

I'll probably eventually figure this out myself, but maybe someone out
there will know what's up.

When I try to run gnome-terminal the window shows up for a split second,
then disappears.  Here's the dump:
--
undertow:~ 1>gnome-terminal
Error: unable to fork: Interrupted system call

Any suggestions?  Like I said, I'll probably eventually randomly find
it, but if someone else knows what to do, I'd appreciate sharing.

Ray Clouse                                  I'M HAPPY BECAUSE I EAT LARD.
Cypress, CA USA
Ray.Clouse AT boeing.com
rclouse AT atdot.org