Re: Help with panel

On Sat, May 08, 1999 at 02:27:40PM +0200, Thomas Raschbacher wrote:
> Hi!
> Ronald de Man wrote:
> >
> > On Sat, May 08, 1999 at 09:07:56AM +0200, Thomas Raschbacher wrote:
> > > Hi!
> > >
> > > I've downloaded the SuSE 6.0 rpms (the gnome-games had only 0Bytes ?)
> >
> > If gnome-games is only 0 bytes then obviously something is wrong and
> > you might want to check SuSE's ftp or website.
> >

> I've said that, because I have loaded it from gnome.org directly!!

Yes, but e.g.

ftp://gnomeftp.wgn.net/pub/gnome/gnome-1.0/suse/gnome_suppl/

shows that gnome-games-1.0.1-1.i386.rpm is 3407 Kb. So it's there
and if it's 0 bytes for you, then most likely something went
wrong for you when you tried to download it. Therefore, try again.

> > > When I now try to start the panel, I get a Segmention Fault. When I run
> > > panel as root I can start it.
> > > Does anyone knew what is the Problem? (I use Windowmaker, but it also
> > > doesn't work with enlightenment or fvwm)
> > >

> > Is the same happening for all other gnome programs, or is it just
> > the panel? Try gnome-terminal, for example.
> >

> All oter programs are working only the panel makes trouble

Strange, and I'm afraid I don't know how to help you with this.

You could check permissions in your ~/.gnome directory to see if
they are all yours (and not owned by root). Or just delete
that whole directory with

    rm -rf ~/.gnome

and try again.

Ronald