bugs in netscape 4.5!?

I know this is not gnome - specific but you might want to know!

when you select text in the navigator the selected text will
be displayed one or two pixels below the rest!

I went through my mail by typing "n" in the messenger.
After some 4-500 mails the complete comunicator becomes
unresponsive. not even the windowmanager can kill it.
the only way is a "xkill"

when moving mail the messenger is really slow.
moving 2000 messages will take ~ 10-15 min.

I have 233Mhz, 40 mb ram.

regards
Olaf

P.S.: Does anybody know where to get libz? the version
on my Suse 6.0 system obviously doesn't make it.