Re: Difficulties installing GNOME with RH5.2

John Helly wrote:

> Hi.
> That's where I started.  What's your point?

Your approach rpm -Uvh *.rpm as prescribed in the readmes may not be
best.

When I upgraded I fixed each file individually; i.e. I removed them in
inverse order to the initial install then installed the new set.
Depending on how it works rpm -Uvh *.rpm may break dependencies as rpms
are upgraded. This combined with a few warnings stating the need to
remove GNOME before upgrading, led me to believe that this is a more
prudent approach at this time

--
The hottest places in Hell are reserved for those who, in times of moral
crisis, preserved their neutrality.