Re: Notification services

On Wed, 05 May 1999 17:49:07 EDT, Dave wrote:

>Hmm this sounds like a pretty good idea to me.  Kinda a "biff
protocol" of
>sorts.  Dont think such a thing would too hard to implement.  Maybe
as a
>background process like esd and an xapp could catch them and queue
them or
>something..  Anyone else have thoughts on this?

Sounds interesting.  I'm not entirely sure how useful it would be,
but it sounds like a fairly simple project.  In fact, I have some
code which would at least start the project (from gnome-mailcheck,
which is currenly on hold pending work on Bertrand's camel API).

If nobody else gets around to this by next week (my next free time),
I'll see what I can put together in terms of a simple library routine
and an applet to pop up message boxes.  Or are people thinking of
something more elaborate?

But if someone else wants to jump on this, feel free.  I have plenty
of other things (finals and graduation among others) on my plate over
the next few weeks.  Of course, writing something quick sounds like a
good way to put off studying for finals... :)

-Russell

--
Russell Steinthal
<rms39@columbia.edu>		Columbia College Class of 1999