Re: Transparent Terminals

On Mon, May 03, 1999 at 12:46:49PM -0400, Hsiao, Weber wrote:
> I'm a newbie to this list, so forgive me if the question has been brought up
> before.  How do I get a transparent terminal i.e., the underlying
> backgrougnd shows through giving the illusion that words are floating.
>
> In petty much all the screenshots shown on e.themes site use transparent
> termininals - pretty cool looking with the right background.

I've seen that before at my own desktop, and it's funny that a similar
question was asked in a local newsgroup, someone saw such a transparant
xterm at some Expo or so...

The answer was:  Eterm
http://www.eterm.org

--
greetings, Albert.

The only "intuitive" interface is the nipple. After that, it's all learned.
(Bruce Ediger, bediger@teal.csn.org, in comp.os.linux.misc, on X interfaces.)