Re: Warning: Cannot allocate colormap entry for "DarkSlateGray"

Al wrote:

> I get the following warnings when I run emacs from xterm.
>
> Warning: Cannot allocate colormap entry for "DarkSlateGray"
> Warning: Cannot allocate colormap entry for "Wheat"
> Warning: Cannot allocate colormap entry for "Orchid"
>
> How do I get ride of the warnings.   I exec gnome-session in my .xsession
> file.
>
> Thanks
>
> Al

> exec gnome-session

let me guess you are using 8 bit per pixel colordepth (256 colors????) flip to 16bpp

I think startx -- -bpp 16  but am not sure anymore or add:

DefaultColorDepth 16

to the screen section of your XF86Config file   ( in /etc/X11 on  a redhat)

hope this helps

remo