Re: Slow GEdit

Quoting James Green (gnome@cyberstorm.demon.co.uk):
> I'm running at 1152x768x32bpp, with the gnome panel at the bottom of my
> screen. If I open a file into gEdit 0.5.1 and begin editing it, typing
> respsonds fairly slowly. I just tried opening another document and the
> screen took forever to update - the tabs didn't get drawn properly either,
> I had to click the original file's tab, then the new one to get rid of
> some blackness.
i've been working on 0.5.2 recently and have noticed the notebook tabs
thing too.. as 0.5.2 is using GnomeMDI now, i am pretty sure it's a bug
within Gtk+; as it appeared pre GnomeMDI (as you describe) and post GnomeMDI.

the sluggish response.. yah, i have noticed that aswell, i have a feeling ther
is a memory leak somewhere (someone has pointed out a possible one in file
Saving (or loading... i forget), on the gEdit list) which could account for it.

gEdit 0.5.2 should be out soon.. :)