xscreensaver settings dont stick

Hi all.
I am using the gnome version distributed from Starbuck, and I think that
the progress of usabillity of the control panel/configurator for gnome has
come a long way, I used to have to kill the xscreensaver and use xset s
off and xset s nonblank to get the screensaver properties to actually work
under gnome.
What i want is to have neither no screensaver or blankout, this works now
when I set it under the configurator, but if I logout the changes isnt
there when I get into gnome again, every other settings sticks though, so
just thought i should mention it, and tell you all how great i think GNOMe
is and is becoming.
Keep up the good work :)

			Kjell Grinddalen
		Fjellbirkeland Studentby 28A 134