Re: gnome-ppp

On Tue, 30 Mar 1999, Jeffery Bradley wrote:
> I am trying to use gnome-ppp to connect to my ISP.  The program
> connects, logs in and establishes a connection, but I am unable to
> use any internet apps.  I am not able to use Netscape, check mail or
> ftp.  I keep getting a message stating that no DNS entry for a site
> can be found.  Can someone help me with this.  Thanks.

Can you use numeric IP addresses at all?  Try 204.71.177.71 (that's
one of the numbers for www.yahoo.com's).  The site should both ping
and appear in Netscape, even without DNS.  If you find you can't use
numeric IP addresses, you have no real internet connection.  If you
can use numbers but can't use names, then you just need to set up DNS
properly.

Best of Luck,
-Gleef