Re: Panel behavior

I tried using autohide but I have things like my battery monitor on the far
right of my panel.  If I use autohide I can't casually glance down at it.
Most programs that cover the panel I run off to the left.  So it would just be
nice to be able to keep the panel running below my windows, but then click on
it to bring it forward.  This way I can still see my battery monitor.

Also, is there a way to set one panel to stay on top, and another panel to be
underneath.  I can only find such options under global properties.  Would be
cool if you could do this on a per panel basis...

frantzdb@admin.arhs.net wrote:

> You can make the panel autohide. That might help.
> --Bem
>
> On Mon, 29 Mar 1999, Steve Gusz wrote:
>
> > I've found ways to make the panel always stay on top, or below the
> > windows on my desktop.  But what I can't seem to make the panel do is to
> >
> > be below a window if I start up a program that would cover it, then have
> >
> > the panel come to the front when I click on any part of it.  The reason
> > this is good for me is that I'm running GNOME on my laptop which only
> > has an 800x600 display max, so I don't have much desktop space and many
> > programs cover the panel if I leave it on stay below.  If I leave the
> > panel set to stay on top a lot of programs become partially blocked by
> > the panel...
> >
> > I've also notice many GNOME programs open far too big for an 800x600
> > display.  Maybe people shouldn't design programs assuming people are
> > running in 1024x768 or larger...
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Steve

begin:vcard