Re: gnome-terminal problems

On Mon, Mar 29, 1999 at 01:12:01PM -0500, Sam Steingold wrote:
> I am reporting the bug here since bugs.gnome.org is dead.
> gnome-terminal 1.0.3
>
> 1. when I use `less', the first page is displayed correctly, while the
>    second in recerse video.

Using the same version of gnome-terminal I don't have this problem on
2 systems - one rh 5.1 one rh 5.2.  I can get into more specifics if
it helps you.

> 2. in xterm, I can use mouse3 to extend selection.  in `gnome-terminal',
>    it invokes the useless menu (how often do you change preferences, as
>    opposed to doing cut/paste?)  is it possible to make mouse3 extend
>    selection and C-mouse3 or M-mouse3 invoke menu?

I never liked xterm's assignments of the three mouse buttons.  I value
gnome-terminal's use of the third mouse button for menues, since I
like to be frugal with desktop real-estate.  I.e. I don't use the
menubar.  I also like launching new terminals from the right mouse
button of a gnome-terminal.

Perhaps the developers could instead add a menu option to extend mouse
selection to the right-mouse menu?

-Peter