Re: swallow WM dock apps

> > I upgraded my gnome to the latest versions frm source this weekend,
> > because s.o once wrote a message saying this helps with a lot of
> > problems.
> >
> > But I still can't make my panel swallow the damn WM dock apps (like
> > wmbattery, wmpop3,....) the panel is creating some space for it, but the
> > applet is showing up in the screen, not the panel..
>
> Hmm..I've not tried getting any windowmaker apps to run as of yet.  (don't
> have any at the moment)  Has anyone else?
>
> > HAS ANYBODY EVER GOT THE PANEL TO SWALLOW ANYTHING AT ALL???????????????
>
> Yes, I have.  It's been remarkably good.  Try using like oclock or
> something and see if you can swallow a running app.

I can't speak for the more standard apps like oclock, but I can say that
I've tried several times unsuccessfully to get the panel to swallow several
WM dock apps, e.g., wmSpaceWeather, wmWeather, wmitime, wminet, wmglobe,
wmy2k, wmsysmon, etc.

I've tried by selecting "Swallow app" from the panel menu, and then
typing in the name of the app.  The behavior is as follows:

A space, with a vertical drag bar(?) is allocated on the panel.  The
app to be swallowed starts, and is sized more or less as though it was
going to be swallowed.  However, the app appears free-floating, and is not
actually swallowed.

If I attempt this with an already-running app, the app resizes to swallow-
able dimensions, and the same empty space is allocated on the panel.

Is there something perhaps peculiar with the interaction of WM dock apps
and the swallow app function of the panel?

--Mark