Re: compiling gnome-libs

Getting ORBit .4.2 got rid of that problem for me.
----- Original Message -----
From: remo
Sent: Sunday, March 28, 1999 12:33 PM
Subject: Re: compiling gnome-libs

Dave M. (Kryten) wrote:
When running make on gnome-libs I error out on this: gnome-factory-skels.c: In function 'POA_GNOME_GenericFactory__init':
gnome-factory-skels.c:209:'ORBit_impl_finder' undeclared (first use this
function)
(Each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears
in.)
initializer element for 'class_info.relay_call' is not constant
'ORBit_local_objref_init' undeclared (first use this function)
initializer element for 'class_info.init_local_objref' is not constant I'm new to this, gnome looks sweet. Help if ya can thanks.Linux 2.2.4, libc5, Slack 4 prebeta

I got exactly the same error message when compiling the 1.0.5 gnome-libs...

I have 2.2.2, glibc, Red Hat 5.2 ( or what is left of it), gtk/glib 1.2.1, more or less the newest
stuff of gnome..

Used rpm's before, but tons of things didn't work, and read somewhere, compiling it yourself
works bether...
( yes I got rid of the rpms first...)

did anyone find a solution or workaround for this??????

thanks in advance

remo