Re: Memory leaks

Federico Mena Quintero <federico@nuclecu.unam.mx> writes:

> Unfortunately, only very few developers have access to Purify-like tools.

Do you know about checkergcc?  It was a great help when I did some
work on Gtk memory management.  You might have to recompile your X11
libs, tho.

I don't know how it compares to purify, but it can catch a lot of
typical C sloppiness like reading and writing beyond the bounds of an
array, dereferencing bogus pointers and tracking your memory usage
including garbage detection.

- Marius