Re: gnome-libs-1.0.5 and gtk+1.2.1

On Sun, Mar 28, 1999 at 02:16:55PM +0100, James Green wrote:
> It seems strange that a company promoting a proprietary method of
> software installation and maintenance be the one getting the investment
> to get Linux up in the corporate world. But that's another story.

The rpm format is open and the program is under GPL as far as I know.
All Linux distributions that I can think of are using a software installation
procedure unequal to 'compile everything yourself'.

If you have Red Hat there's nothing to stop you from compiling all new
packages yourself. I do it all the time. Of course I can't rely on rpm
dependency checking anymore.

Ronald