Re: Compiling docbook packages

On Sat, Mar 27, 1999 at 12:58:39AM -0500, Jon Niehof wrote:
> Does anyone have information on building the docbook
> packages? The gnome-libs readme points to an FTP site, which
> is there, and a web site with instructions, which isn't. And
> the tarballs don't have instructions.

This documentation is badly missing. As far as I know, only people
installing directly from RPMs have been succesful.

If you want to build yourself, you might try to get sgmltools-2.0.2
from www.sgmltools.org, build that, change the db2html script from
gnome-docu to have CATALOG point at /etc/sgml/catalog (and I think
some more changes are needed), and see where you get.

I got it somewhat working now, but it breaks everytime there
are unmatched tags in the sgml files from gnome. And there are a
lot of those unmatched tags.

Does anyone know more about these unmatched tags? Is that normal??

Ronald