Re: [HELP] undefined symbol: __register_frame_info

Anthony Molinaro wrote:

> I recently installed Gnome 1.0 from the most recent set of RPMS, onto a
> Red Hat 5.2 system with all the updates installed.  I'm also running the
> 2.2.2 kernel.  Now when I run certain programs I get the following
> errors
>
> <some program name> : error in loading shared libraries
> <some gnome lib> : undefined symbol: __register_frame_info
>
> or
>
> <some program name> : error in loading shared libraries
> <some gnome lib> : undefined symbol: __deregister_frame_info
>
> Some programs which I have seen affected by this are
>
> esd
> gnp
> gqview
> gxedit
>
> I'm sure there are others.  I've hunted around the archives of this list
> searching, but was unable to find anything about it.  Does anyone know
> what's causing this or know a possible solution.
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Anthony
>
> --

Has this problem been addressed anywhere?  I get similar error messages
which I first attributed to a panel crash early yesterday morning.  I
now believe that these problems started when I upgraded my Gnome
installation to the with recent rpms.  Anyway, here are the application
problems that I found.

gftp: error in loading shared libraries
/usr/lib/libgdk-1.2.so.0: undefined symbol: __register_frame_info

gxtar
GnomeUI-WARNING **: 'gnome_cloned_client' is not working as expected
anymore.

gxtar did open up, but the following message occurred when I closed it.

Gdk-ERROR **: an x io error occurred
aborting...
Aborted (core dumped)

GXedit gave the same error message as gftp.

gqview also gave the same error message as gftp.

mc gave the following error message when I attempted to open it from the
command line or from within the Gnome terminal

mc: error in loading shared libraries
: undefined symbol: __register_frame_info

Amazingly the gnome file manager, continued to work !!!!

Any thoughts on what can be done to correct this problem?

Tony Tantillo

tantillo@ichange.net